Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost and Intel Compiler 11
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-29 07:54:01

Mikko Vainio wrote:
>>> Hmmm, the latest test results here:
>>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/serialization.html
>>> are all passing for Intel-11 on Linux and Darwin.
>>>

>> The gcc version installed on the test platform may affect the
>> results; The tests (link above) are run on RHEL/(most probably)gcc
>> 4.1.2. I encountered the compilation issues for the first time on
>> Fedora 9/gcc
>> 4.3.0 but on Fedora 8/gcc 4.1.2 everything compiles fine. Why this
>> should affect the compilation is a mystery to me.

Me too, except the Intel compiler does emulate the installed GCC version.
I'll attempt to emulate this on my ubuntu install later when I can get some
free CPU cycles on my machine! In the mean time if you could check to see
if Intel-11 compiles the type_traits tests on the problem platform that
would be great.

Thanks, John.