Subject: [Boost-users] newbie: asio ssl help
From: Seiryuu Kami (seiryuu.kami_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-29 19:21:08

Hello,

I'm a 21 year old dutch student currently working with the ASIO library.
I have a basic knowledge of C++ and I know not much of SSL.
That is the part of the ASIO lib I'm having trouble with.
I'm looking for anyone who can help me.

I have pretty much copy-pasted the boost example on SSL clients.
(
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/ssl/client.cpp
)

My intention is to open a connection to a website that uses HTTPS,
login.deviantart.com to be exact.
I need to obtain a cookie from there.

I have no PEM file to use a certificate, and I doubt I need one.
But the thing is, I keep receiving: "Handshake failed: asio:1".
I've tried everything I could think of to make it work. But I'm just a
student.
So, can anyone help me?

Kind regards, Ben