Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compile error OSX Callback problem for FSEventsCallback
From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-03 17:09:10

At 4:59 PM -0500 1/3/09, Bill McLean wrote:

>I'm trying to code up a FSEvent callback using a member function. I
>may be suffering from a case of the post holiday stupids :)

[ Big snip ]

Sadly, I don't think you can do this.

The error message is telling you that the second param to
FSEventStreamCreate is:
   'void (*)(const __FSEventStream*, void*, size_t, void*, const
FSEventStreamEventFlags*, const FSEventStreamEventId*)'

and a bind expression is certainly not that.

In general, the Mac OS X toolbox is not C++ aware, so using bind
expressions for callbacks is not going to work.

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>