Subject: [Boost-users] boost-test with wxWidgets
From: Matěj Týč (matej.tyc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-05 17:58:25

Hello all,
is there anyone, who knows the Boost Unit Testing Framework (UTF)? I am
developing a project that uses wxWidgets library and I would like to
test some aspects where wxWidgets stuff is involved.
The problem is that wxWidgets like to implement the main() function via
IMPLEMENT_APP macro and I have found quite troublesome to work around
that. When one lets UTF to generate the main() function, everything is
very easy.
The question is: There must be some sane way how to initialize UTF and
launch a testsuite when wxWidgets are ready. I also know that I should
supply the framework with argc and argv since the verbosity of the test
module output can be tweaked.
I have learned so far that I have to implement function
init_unit_test_suite( int argc, char* argv[] (but I don't have an idea
how), and that I have to register test cases (that should be OK) and to
create some master test suite. Am I missing something here as well?
I haven't found anything in the documentation that would lead me to the
result, could you help me and possibly extend the documentation a little
bit so wxWidgets users could start using UTF massively? :-)
Regards,
Matej