Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost-test with wxWidgets
From: Matěj Týč (matej.tyc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-06 07:22:46

Hello,
thank you for your reply, I was able to get going.
> Well, I know a bit. What version r u planning to use? Did you read latest docs?
I use the latest version of Boost and I also read the latest docs. I
seem to be somewhat lost there, though...

> Simplest approach is to use dynamic library variant of the UTF
I have noticed that I don't have to pass any libraries to the compiler
and everything links fine when #defining BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK, however
it takes a lot of time to compile. I am on Linux and I use autotools
that pass the -lboost_unit_test_framework-mt flag to the linker.
However, I still get undefined references or compilation errors when
BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK is not defined...

> There is an ability to use automated registration for test units as well if you
> opt to.
Yes, I would actually like the computer to do some work for me. I have
used some BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE and BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE macros, but I
still have to supply an init function to
boost::unit_test::unit_test_main, right? What is its name? I can't
know that since it should be autogenerated.

Thank you for your help!
Matej