Subject: [Boost-users] what are the different problems that can occur in network connections and send/recive, what are the related exceptions & errors, and what are the solutions (boost.asio)?
From: Saeed Aliakbarian (saeed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-12 13:58:11

While working with boost.asio networking features, in many cases problems may occur due to network connection erros, programmin errors, etc.

In each case a different event occurs in the program. Most of the times, and error code is returned or an exception is thrown.

I could not find a list of this error causes and their corresponding error codes or exceptions. The only way I could mange only a part of this problem was trough testing, creating a specific error manually, catching the exception or the error code, and the try to manage it in the correct way I suggested myself!!!!

If there is not such a page containing my required information, do you agree there is a need for one?

Can anyone help me find a better way to do what I am trying to do?

Regards

Saeed Aliakbarian