Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] link error and exception on get_key
From: Daniel Roberts (impulsionaudio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-14 23:57:14

I have a derived class that exports its type and overrides get_key for
serialization through a base class pointer. If I move the definition of the
overridden get_key function out of the header into a cpp file, an assertion
fails on line 49 of extended_type_info.cpp. If I define any other functions
in the cpp file, I get a linker error saying that the get_key symbol is
already defined. It looks to me that any serializable derived class must be
completely defined in the header file. Is this correct? If so, why does such
a limitation exist?

Thank you