Subject: [Boost-users] ASIO COM Port & Pins
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-15 05:40:25

Hi,

I have to read from an (virtual) comport to receive the event from a photosensor.
There is no protocol, just if something passes through, there is at pin x power (pins 4,6 and 7,8).

I've seen the example for the COM Port usage with asio, sofar I've not seen anything to monitor a single/multiple pins.
http://www.nabble.com/Simple-serial-port-demonstration-with-boost-asio-asynchronous-I-O-td19849520.html

Also I am not sure, if I need to, would it be enough, to just connect and then perform an async_read on the comport?
Actually I don't have to get the data really, as its probably not really "data", all I need to know is when data comes in.

Is asio the right library to handle this? Are there other options?

regards

Jens Weller