Subject: [Boost-users] STLport + Boost + 64bit linux m/c - compilation error
From: Ashish Lahane (ashish.lahane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 04:54:08

Hi,

I'm trying to build boost against STLport-5.2.1 on 64-bit linux m/c with
64-bit gcc-4.3.2, but I get following error:

/app/home/vgupta20/software/STLport-5.2.1/stlport/assert.h:35:6: error:
#error assert has been defined before inclusion of assert.h header.

I'm building using following steps which worked fine with STLport-5.1.5 and
on 32-bit linux m/c:
If boost is needed to be used with stlport, it should be compiled against
stlport as follows:

1. Download or build 'bjam'. Copy it to the root dir of boost.
2. bjam is a tool to compile boost. Before we compile we need to give the
paths to stlport include and lib directories. It can be specified in the
file: './tools/build/v2/user-config.jam', also uncomment the line 'using
gcc' in this file. Go to the boost root dir. Then run

./bjam stdlib=stlport --toolset=gcc --build-type=complete stage

Otherwise we can give it online arguments as

./bjam stdlib=stlport -sSTLPORT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY=$STLPORT/stlport
-sSTLPORT_LIB_DIRECTORY=$STLPORT/lib --toolset=gcc --build-type=complete
stage

If only 'regex' library is needed, add '--with-regex' to the above commands.

3. After compilation we must get the libraries with '-p' flag in the name.
For e.g.
regex library file compiled against stlport will have name
'libboost_regex-gcc42-mt-p-1_37.a'
These '-p' libs are to be used for the linking in our projects that use
stlport and boost both.