Subject: [Boost-users] problems installing boost -- explorer.exe Application error
From: Paul Epstein (pauldepstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-19 11:40:11

I have been trying to install the latest version of Boost from sourceforge.net.
I have a Windows Vista operating system. I downloaded the boost.zip file and the
boost-jam.zip file. I was able to extract the boost-jam file without problems.
 However, whenever I try and extract the boost.zip file to a folder I created I
get the message: explorer.exe - Application Error The exception unknown
software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x75afc02c.

I tried ending the process explorer.exe, but when I kill that process, I am
unable to do the extracting.

I know this is a basic problem. I doubt that the issue is specifically
Boost-related but since the problem arose in a boost-context, I'm hopefully on
topic.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul Epstein