Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] running afoul of _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING - VC 9.0
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-19 14:51:47

AMDG

Raman wrote:
> I didn't think this was a problem but I rebuilt boost with quotes around the
> defines. It made no difference.
>
> I also added the option "-d+2" to my commandline - and could see that with or
> without the quotes, the defines are being passed down correctly, as seen below.
>
> Thanks
> Raman
>

> -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS=0
>
> -D_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0
>
> -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS=0
>
> -D_SECURE_SCL=0

Ok. So it looks like Boost is being compiled correctly.
If you are using any other libraries you might want to check that
they are compiled correctly as well. For this kind of problem,
the fact that it manifests itself inside Boost is no guarantee that
the problem is actually in Boost. Also you can try temporarily
adding a #error inside the offending #if _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING
to see if you get an error in any translation unit.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe