Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess::message_queue::timed_receive, bug or mistake? (Ion Gazta?aga)
From: nacitar_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-01-24 17:55:32

> From: Ion Gazta?aga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users]
> boost::interprocess::message_queue::timed_receive, bug or mistake?
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
>
> Use universal time instead of local time. Maybe this is not documented,
> and maybe this might be severe limitation. I've seen that boost::thread
> uses boost::system_time so maybe Interprocess should go this way.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ion

     That makes sense, given my timezone, why it was acting as such. Works
     now, but you should definitely add that to the documentation. If you
     have knowledge of the boost's date/time features beforehand, it would
     seem obvious. But, as in my case, I only looked at boost's date/time
     features in order to get the timeout to work with interprocess, so I
     lacked the entire picture. A small footnote would have made it a lot
     clearer. Great library, thanks for the help.