Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost geometry lib
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-26 07:34:23

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply, was not on this list earlier. Thanks for your
interest.

As Bruno said we're currently busy with preview 4. There are substantial
changes internally, but from user perspective the changes are not so large.

Two things I'll mention:

1)
> > http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/6__transformation__example_8cpp-exampl
> > e.html
> > shows the geometry library and uBLAS working together
The transformation example will be changed (and much more simpler, from
user perspective). The new version has internally transformation
capacities and strategies can be used to finetune this (still using uBLAS)

2) if you plan to use the linestrings, note that the algorithms
currently take line.begin() and line.end(). This is changed in the new
version to just "line", using the boost range library.

Preview 4 is expected this month or the beginning of February.

Barend Gehrels
Geodan, Amsterdam