Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Creating temporary archive objects
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-26 11:40:15

The boost serialization library does not require a default constructor.

Look at serialization of pointers in the documentation under save_construct/load construct.
Its all in there.

One of the tests is test_no_default constructor or something like that.

All you have to do is read the documentation.

Robert Ramey
  "Robert Dailey" <rcdailey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:496954360901260830ud93cf5ale436e3d1aea28d4b_at_mail.gmail.com...
  Hi,

  What would be a good technique to deserialize an object without using 2-phase initialization? In other words, I want to avoid first default constructing the object and *then* streaming it out of the archive object. I was thinking of a factory for this but a good code example would help a great deal since I'm not extremely familiar with Boost.Serialization. I was looking through the Boost.Serialization documentation but I was unable to find information on this.

  Help is greatly appreciated!