Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Quickbook] How to create pdf file
From: Max (loadcom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-28 09:57:50

> What it says about PDF's though is:
>
> "First of all you will need an FO processor, there are basically only two
free two
> choices here:
>
> * Apache FOP from http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/
> * XEP Personal edition from
> http://www.renderx.com/download/personal.html
>
> The XEP processor generally produces much better results, but inserts a
small
> "built with XEP" advert in the footer of each page. You will also need a
Java
> virtual machine to run the FO processor on.

I've seen the RenderX's footer in other pdf doc's before.
I've downloaded the XEP Personal edition and installed successfully.

> You will then need to edit your user-config.jam file to point to the
location of the
> FO processor, for example:
>
> using fop :
> # path to invocation batch file:
> C:/Progra~1/RenderX/xep/xep.bat

I've changed this line to correspond to my settings:
D:/Program Files/RenderX/XEP/xep.bat

> :
> # path to Java installation, this is ignored if you're using XEP:
> C:/PROGRA~1/Java/j2re1.4.2_12
> ;

I've added the am lines at the end of the, virtually blank,
tools/build/v2/user-config.jam file.
And then I invoke

bjam pdf

but I got nothing except an error:

error: Unknown target type FO

and other semmingly useless message.

More help still needed. Thanks in advance.

B/Rgds
Max

P.S.

repeat the segment I added to the jam file as follows: