Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Quickbook] How to create pdf file
From: Max (loadcom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-28 23:53:32

> Hmmm, did you configure quickbook and docbook in the user-config.jam as
well?
> If not I'll refer you back to the Wiki page ;-)
>
> BTW, building boost documentation like this is really only designed for
Boost's
> authors and maintainers, it's not intended that end-users should have to
set up
> such a long toolchain unless they really want to!
>
> Regards, John.

Facing 'such a long toolchain', I was wandering why there's such a grey
corner in the boost
world. :-) And, meanwhile, I'm humble with lack of the experience of
doc-making.

Hearing what you've said, I feel now much more relaxed. :-)

I have experience of Doxygen, Ghostscript(a long time ago), am aware of that
MikTeX is an
implementaion of the famous system LaTEX by Knuth (or I'm wrong?). But I'm
quite unfamilar
with other stuffs, such as XSL style sheete, DocBook DTD, Iconv, libXslt,
and so much.

Perhaps finally I want to make clear that what raw materials, say scripts in
code or elsewhere,
through what workflow, are rendered to become a pdf file.

Thanks for your help. And one more question: Is it possible to make _one_
pdf doc file for
all of the boost packages by one run? yes or no? :-)

B/Rgds
Max