Subject: [Boost-users] [mpi] Non-default arguments for running regression tests through bjam
From: Pete Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 09:23:06

Dear Boosters,

I am just going through the learning curve for Boost.MPI.
My underlying target platform is MPICH2 on Windows XP/Vista.

Given I am taking baby-steps I would like run the regression tests to
check my install. Mpirun doesn't exist in my install - mpiexec is
required instead. The docs and mpi.jam comments say

"The (optional) fourth argument configures Boost.MPI for running
regression tests. These parameters specify the executable used to launch
jobs (default: "mpirun") followed by any necessary arguments to this to
run tests and tell the program to expect the number of processors to
follow (default: "-np")."

I'm no jam expert, but that suggests that my user-config.jam should
change to

using mpi : : <find-shared-library>cxx <find-shared-library>mpi
<library-path>C:/MPICH2/lib <include>C:/MPICH2/include : : mpiexec -n ;

where the " : : mpiexec -n " is the new part. However this results in a
slew of jam errors. I am able to run the regression tests by hacking
mpi.jam to change the defaults, however I'd prefer to know the correct
syntax in user-config.jam please.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Pete Bartlett