Subject: [Boost-users] boost and std collisons in c++0x
From: Ein Held (held_ein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-04 07:22:33

Hello I would like to know more about boost's general attitude towards c++0x and the collisions of boost with std. As of now, we move both, ::boost- and ::std-namesspace in the global namespace via using xxx. This is exactly what we want - boost and the stl are both such fundamental libraries that using an explicit namespace specifier everytime we want to use content of these namespaces is not accaptable. This would just blow the code and make it unreadable. Once we move up to c++0x, we will not be able to keep this way of coding up. ::std::tr1 is merged into ::std and so the former tr1 classes will collide with the boost ones if explicit namespace identifiers are missing. I would like to stress the fact that code, perfectly fine to the boost documentation, will fail to compiler most likely. #include <iostream> //This one might include <array> using namespace std; #include <boost/array.hpp> using namespace boost; array<int,1> blub; //fail Is there anything planned to prevent this happen? Thank you