Subject: Re: [Boost-users] proto: analytical-only math functions
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-07 12:46:36

Hicham Mouline wrote:

> The grammar of the LHS function definition seems correct.
> The compilation takes too long however (using here intel/msvc libs).
> See the main.cpp and includes below.
>
> Any ideas how to speed compile time up?

<snip>

There are ways to speed up Proto grammars, but the result is less terse
and fungible. I wouldn't worry too much about compile times right now.
 From what I can tell, you're still in the early phases of your DSEL
design. An expressive, agile DSEL definition will give you freedom to
experiment.

Once things are working to your satisfaction, you can think about
replacing some of the complicated composite transforms with custom
primitive transforms, as described here:

http://boost-sandbox.sf.net/libs/proto/doc/html/boost_proto/users_guide/back_end/expression_transformation/primitives.html

HTH,

--
Eric Niebler