Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost books [was RE: Hi]
From: Chandra Kumar (chandra.kumar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-07 23:37:42

<http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=b

> oost_proto-1.37.zip&directory=PDF%20Documentation&>

> >> for the nice pdf documentation.

> >> May be, Eric will oblige us by penning down the greatest library in

> >> boost: proto in a book form in very near future.

> > I look forward to a book on proto.

> Eric wrote:

> Wow, thanks. I don't have plans to write a Proto book, though. It's so

> niche, I doubt there would be enough people who would buy it.

Thanks Eric for blessing us with this library.

I think that the proto documentation is decently rich to serve the basic
and advanced purpose for now.

We will try to learn from it till someday you changes your plan to write
a Proto book.

In my opinion, the audience for this book will be no less than those who
have read BGL and MPL books.

I am hoping that under your mentorship someone will soon write the book.

And it will be like another organum in the spirit of Novum_Organum
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novum_Organum> .

I was terrorized to see the example in proto which implements a simple
lambda DSEL using proto.

It is a great code cutter I guess.

Do you think that the boost lambda will eventually be re-written using
proto in near future?

Or maybe the rest of the boost libraries(including GIL, BGL) will be
re-written too in proto?

Many a thanks for showing us the pinnacle of c++.

Cheers,

Chandra

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of, or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon, this communication or the information in it is prohibited and maybe unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.