Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Graph] is it possible to define my ownedge_descriptor
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-09 07:44:59

> Actually, I wasn't defining my own graph type. I've been using the CSR
> template class which was definitely an improvement over the adjacency list
> in terms of memory usage. I definitely have no use for adding and removing
> vertices on the fly. However, I am willing to look into defining my own
> graph. Do you think it's not beyond someone who is only a mediocre C++
> programmer? I've been reading the doc site, but I haven't found any
> information about how to create my own graph. Could you please tell me where
> to look?
>
> I think your best bet may be to modify the CSR graph types to use something
other than size_t. Copy it, rename the type, and change it to suit your
needs. That's close enough to creating your own graph type :)

I'm not entirely convinced that the benefits will outweigh the cost here.
Maybe you'll save a couple MB, but you might do so at the expense of
performance.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]