Subject: [Boost-users] [Preprocessor] Questiona bout reentrant call and file iteration performance
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-15 04:34:37

I've been playing with Boost PreProcessor for some times now and it
really helped. Two corners still looks obscure for me as the doc doesn't
provide clear-cut enough use-cases for my taste.

1/ Concerning the _D version of some macro, what's their use case ?
I can see the example in the doc but I can't see why useing the normal
version of the _D function should fail or behave badly

2/ Concerning file iteration vs BOOST_PP_REPEAT, what's the trade-off of
one vs the other ? Is iterating faster at compile time than REPEATing ?
Is there features of iteration that can't be done using REPEAT (or the
reverse) or is the only bonus of ITERATE the fact that error actually
send you in code and not on macro call site ?

Thanks in advance

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35