Subject: Re: [Boost-users] uBlas: compiler error (Borland 2007)
From: Hendrik Fuß (fuss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 09:44:49

Thomas Klimpel schrieb:
>> The compiler says:
>>
>> [BCC32 Error] matrix.hpp(2671): E2247 'identity_matrix<double,std::allocator<double> >::one_' is not accessible
>>

> I have no idea what the compiler wants to tell me here. Does it means that the nested class is not allowed to access this private member? I also have no ideas about the access rules to private members for nested classes.

Apparently this the way nested classes are handled in Borland C++ 2007.
Unless you declare nested classes friends they cannot access the
containing class's private or protected members.

I have noticed that Borland C++ is not in the list of supported
compilers. However, I've found that the uBlas library in Boost 1.32
works for me if I add

    #define BOOST_UBLAS_NO_PROXY_SHORTCUTS

before I include ublas. I haven't done extensive testing, though.

Hope I'll get rid of Borland C++ sooner or later, anyway.
> There is a special mailing list for ublas, where you are more likely to get help.

The Boost docs said so, but I was unable to find it on
http://lists.boost.org. Oops... er... I see it's there now... must have
been hiding the other day. ;-)

thanks for your help
Hendrik