Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] export.hpp changes from 1.37 to 1.38
From: Chard (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 16:55:59

Looks like this has become the active thread, despite my posting
mistake/repost. Oh well..

> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Would that address your problem? Would it create any other problems?

Yes, it would address my problem because that would be as it was pre-1.38.
However, there must have been some argument for making the change.

>I don't remember why this was done. I don't know if there was
>even a specific reason

Did you not make the change, then? 1.37 wasn't that long ago ;-). Any SVN
comments?

I know there have been several (non-library specific) discussions regarding
putting anonymous namespaces in headers, and, generally, how it is a bad
thing due to each compilation unit instantiating a different linker name for
the same object (violating ODR?).

Is this a case that warrants it? I guess it uses a little bit more memory,
but is that the only issue?

Chard.