Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [accumulators] help/advise required: Need a container to hold accumulator_set
From: dhruva (dhruva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-22 01:08:44

Hello, ----- Original Message ---- > From: Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> > To: boost-users_at_[hidden] > Sent: Sunday, 22 February, 2009 11:25:30 AM > Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [accumulators] help/advise required: Need a container to hold accumulator_set > > > dhruva wrote: > > will have to make it a member variable of a class. I will not know > > the type of calculations to requested at compile time. I therefore > > need a generic accumulator type as member and add the specific type > > at runtime. > > > It doesn't sound like Boost.Accumulators is a good fit for your problem. > Accumulators uses static type information to resolve computational dependencies > and order calculations. As you don't know what you will be computing until > runtime, you can't provide Accumulators with the static type information it > requires. > The approach I proposed by using droppable types and dropping those that are not required. is it expensive? Though it might look not so elegant, would that work? -dhruva Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/