Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::exception - leaking error_info
From: Bruce Laing (bruce.laing_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-23 20:00:01

> Re: [Boost-users] boost::exception - leaking error_info
> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:01:08 -0800
> From: Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::exception - leaking error_info
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Bruce Laing
> <bruce.laing_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Emil,
> >
> > The platform is vc++ 8, boost 1.37.
> >

> Please do keep us posted, it's kind of important for exception objects
> not to leak memory. :)

Emil,

Quick update: my problem seems to have been due to conflicting
instances of the runtime library coming into the link. I haven't
determined which component is bringing in the dynamic CRT, but in any
case, changing /MTd to /MDd fixes the leak, indicating a problem in my
project setup and compiler/linker switches, rather than a problem with
either boost::exception or the way my code was using the library.

- Bruce