Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [TR1] How to say BOOST_USE_BOOST_TR1
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-26 11:23:03

>> [Still not giving up]
>> What we need then is the possiblity to use the
>> boost tr1 components from namespace boost::tr1, e.g.
>> boost::tr1::tuple<...> // behaves like std::tr1::truple.
>> vs.
>> boost::tuple<...> // does not behave like std::tr1::tuple
>>
>> Is this feasible?
>>

> How is this better than boost::tuple directly?

That's the thing, I don't think it is: remember that Boost.TR1 is really
just a bunch of using-directives that pull the boost:: code into std::tr1::,
the only difference really is that the boost:: namespace may contain some
additional features that aren't in the TR. But if that's an issue, you
could just as easily cut and paste the using directives into your own
namespace.

John.