Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Linking Boost in Code::Blocks
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-26 22:27:16

AMDG

mothdragon wrote:
> Okay... So I listened to what you all had to say, and I got to thinking that
> maybe I did something wrong with the original installation/compilation So i
> decided to do it again. I downloaded boost_1_37_0.tar.bz2 again. I put the
> d/l in my /Documents/Programming/C++ directory. Then I did the following...
>
> $ tar -jxf boost_1_37_0.tar.bz2
> $ cd boost_1_37_0
> $ ./configure --prefix=/Documents/Programming/C++/boost_1_37_0
> $ make install
>
> I'm only able to capture this much of the build process...
>
> <snip>
>

> I'm thinking that my problem lies in the ...skipped 7320 targets part... but
> I don't know... I don't know why it skipped them either... I am so not used
> to manual compilation!

This is a problem, but I think that it's a different problem.
The output is likely to be a bit long for this list. Redirect the output to
a file and send it to me in a private email. (Make sure you get
both the standard output and the standard error.)

> Ultimately this resulted in the following errors at compile time of my
> project:
>
> obj/Debug/Griffin RPG V2.o
> undefined
> reference to `boost::serialization::extended_type_info::self_register()

What I said before still holds. This file was not compiled against
1.37. Let me put
it bluntly. Have you rebuilt obj/Debug/Griffin RPG V2.o?

The second thing that is wrong is that you don't seem to be linking to
the serialization library. Otherwise I would expect an error like
ld: cannot find -lboost_serialization-gcc34-mt-gd-1_37

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe