Subject: [Boost-users] Having a tough time installing and setting up Boost and associated libraries
From: ajay gopalakrishnan (gajaykrishnan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-28 14:23:04

Hi all,

I am a newbie when it comes to using boost. My primary motivation behind
using boost is that I want to use the Text processing, Numerical computing
facilities together in one common language.
Boost Regex, Spriti and The BLas Libraries would serve my purpose.

However, I am having a tough time installing and running it. I am not able
to find any good documentation for using this.
My requirement is this:
1. I want to be able to install Boost locally in my Unix account. I don't
have root privileges.
2. There is a wrapper called Boost Numerics Package written and hosted at
http://mathema.tician.de/software/boost-bindings. I want to be able to use
this also. This allows me to use ATLAS, BLAS in Boost.

I would also like to know, how tough is it to interface C++ code with Python
using Boost.Python. I am not an expert in Python.

What is the procedure to do this?
Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay G.