Subject: [Boost-users] [pool] Request at least 65535 bytes from UserAllocator.
From: Alexander (gutenev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-01 17:18:35

Hi

I'm going to use Boost.Pool with UserAllocator mapped directly to Windows
API calls ::VirtualAlloc and ::VirtualFree. So it makes no sense to allocate
less than SYSTEM_INFO::dwAllocationGranularity, which currently equals to
65536.

To my surprise, I have not found anything like this in documentation. But
I've seen in source code this:
    // pre: npartition_size != 0 && nnext_size != 0
    explicit pool(const size_type nrequested_size,
        const size_type nnext_size = 32)

So is "nnext_size" what I was looking for ? And what does mean "an
extension", is there an official proposal of Pool for future standard ?