Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] Load an object from the base pointer
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-05 11:10:29

This is all done internally by the library. Feel free to browse through the source and documentation.

Robert Ramey
  "Ryan Fowler" <Ryan.Fowler_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:1C50BA0DCB34A24E9C8ABA96570EF18F073F5212_at_LONSMSXM06.emea.ime.reuters.com...
  I've seen the following:

  main(){

      base *b;

      ar & b;

  }

  But that doesn't quite help me. All of our objects come from a memory pool and I either need to know ahead of time which object to allocate or I need to pass an allocator to the archive so that it can get the memory from the pool.

  Are either of these possible? Also, in the above example, how does the archive allocate the memory for 'b'? Does it use new? Or does it have it's own pre-allocated store?

  Thanks,

  Ryan