Subject: [Boost-users] [regex] How to pass BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE to bjam build process (win32)
From: Christian Hoffmann (chrmhoffmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-06 05:58:01

Hi,

we used to compile boost regex in boost version 1.36 with the following
command:

bjam.exe -sHAVE_ICU=1 -sICU_PATH=../../../../icu -sBOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE
toolset=msvc-7.1 threading=multi python-debugging=on link=shared
variant=debug --without-mpi libs\regex\build

When switching to boost 1.38, we realized that BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE is not
passed/picked up anymore when using the same command (apart compiler version
to compile (verified with some added pragma messages):

How should this be configured nowadays? Or did it never work that way but
the default behaviour changed?
Maybe the user-config.jam file should be used, but I didn't find an example
of how to do this.

Thanks a lot,

Chris