Subject: [Boost-users] Interprocess windows_shared_memory 1.35
From: Joy Vincent (joyjoy.vincent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-06 00:02:36

I am attempting to create a windows_shared_memory object for a large file
that exists using Boost 1.35. I have attempted to create it 2 ways:

        interprocess::windows_shared_memory *wsm = new
interprocess::windows_shared_memory(interprocess::open_or_create,
fileName.c_str(), interprocess::read_only,fileSize);

I am getting an interprocess exception that the system cannot find the path
specified. (boost::error_info is 'not_found_error')

The file is valid as previous boost::filesystem calls can successfully
create a path object, append a file name and get the file size. The file is
large (110MB) so I also attempted a size of 1000 -- same exception.

After stepping through some code, it seems I am getting the exception in
win32_api.hpp when the CreateFileMappingA is called.

Has anyone had issues with windows_shared_memory objects in the 1.35
version?

Thanks.
Joy