Subject: Re: [Boost-users] proto: analytical-only math functions
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-06 15:29:10

Step1 is to have a derivative metafunction which computers the nth derivative of
a function at compile time.

In order to do that, I need a mathematical language to write my functions.

so I have constants, variables, basic_functions and user-defined functions that are terminals of my language

   f(x) = log(x);

   g(x) = derivative(1, f, x);

   g(x) will be 1/x;

I should manage to run derivative purely in compile time.

Later, I will look at stochastic and partial differential equations and write functions to solve them analytically whenever possible...

proto will help me define terminals, the grammars for what are acceptable expressions.

regards,