Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Graph set of edges
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-11 13:30:33

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Johan Oudinet <johan.oudinet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I finally found the implementation of edge_descriptor in
> boost/graph/detail/edge.hpp
> Since I found that operator== use get_property method, I defined an
> operator < that compares results of get_property()
>
> I think it works for my graphs. But I have no idea of the limitations
> of this silly workaround!

Strangely enough, I use std::set<edge_descriptor> without having to
define a less-than operator. Perhaps it has to do with what the
vertex and edge storage types are? I use vecS for both.

> Hope it will be useful for someone else.

There have been threads in the past where this same solution was
posted. I can't remember what the authors said about portability and
correctness, but I would search the mailing lists for
"edge_descriptor" + "operator".

--Michael Fawcett