Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Multi-Index] crash on iterator copy or assignment
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-12 16:46:59

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> After filling in enough to make your code compile,
> it works for me.  I've attached what I did.  If this
> works for you, can you post a minimal and complete
> example that fails?

Hi Steven,

Your example works for me as well,
since you've found the same fix my colleague found, which is to write

    std::auto_ptr<ByTypeFooIterator> iter_ptr(new ByTypeFooIterator);

instead of

    std::auto_ptr<ByTypeFooIterator> iter_ptr = new ByTypeFooIterator;

This one change was "all" it took (except I couldn't see it of course...)

Thank you very much for taking the time to test it Steven, and for
finding a solution.

Cheers again, --DD