Subject: [Boost-users] need some metaprogramming ideas
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-12 18:45:02

I want to develop a way of checking if I can implement a trivial string
converter through lexical_cast. If that converter doesn't exist then
the developer is required to make one and a different converter is made
that throws an exception if called (may not be the best way but for now
that's what I'm working with).

To be lexical castable T must be OutputStreamable, InputStreamable,
CopyConstructable, and DefaultConstructable.

I think I can implement checks for streamable through the sizeof
trick...haven't thought of the exact way yet but I think it should work.

I can't think of how to test for CopyConstructable or
DefaultConstructable though. Any ideas?