Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [System] Process ID
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-03-16 09:35:16

Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki escribió:
> Dears,
>
> Is there any functionality like Process ID in boost system?
> I found in Flyweight details such a nice header to have
> portable Process ID functionality, but maybe there is another
> somewhere in boost.

There's something completely analaogous in Boost.Interprocess, alas also in
the details section: See get_current_process_id at

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/boost/interprocess/detail/os_thread_functions.hpp

> Dangerous is to use functions from "details".

Certainly. Maybe we could move this functionality into boost/detail for
B.IP and
B.F to use: boost/detail is not as good as public functionality, but you
can count
on stuff there to be reasonably stable.

BTW, the proper lib for this to belong in is Boost.Process, a GSoC proyect
from 2006 that unfortunately didn't come to fruition.

Joaquín M López Mun~oz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo