Subject: Re: [Boost-users] gcc optimization and boost::any
From: John (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 10:44:20

Just to follow up: It appears to be a bug in gcc's -fgcse optimization (which
is enabled by -O2). Toggling -fno-gcse on gcc 4.2.2 eliminates the symptoms. The
code in question is simple enough, and there were enough bugs reported against
-fgcse, that we are content to let the blame fall on -fgcse, and move on. Thanks
for the suggestions.