Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problems upgrading from 1_34_1 to 1_38_0 in VS 2005 Express
From: Kim Barrett (kab.conundrums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 16:20:55

At 1:04 PM -0400 3/16/09, Roman Stepanenko wrote:
>Do you have any theories how that could happen? I.e. did something
>change in boost that causes this conflict?

This sounds similar to a problem I ran into with the same upgrade. The
problem was not in boost, but in something else that was included before
the relevant boost header, and it showed up in the upgrade because
something in boost recently started including <complex> (I think it might
have been type_traits.hpp addition of is_complex.hpp that tripped me up).

My suggestion would be to run just the pre-processor on the file in question
and look for where the #define for cosf is coming from.