Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Statechart problem
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 11:13:37

Hi Iwan

[snip]
> I tried this->post_event( EvNewFrame() ); // no effect
> and this->post_event( boost::intrusive_ptr<EvNewFrame>( new
> EvNewFrame( ) ) ); // no effect

post_event is intended to be called only from within a react member function
or an entry-, exit- or transition action. The documentation isn't terribly
clear on this but it does say that calling post_event only pushes the event
into the queue. That is, post_event does *not* process the event, which is
why you don't see the expected transition.

I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be *much* easier to simply pack the
TT_CANMsg into an event and then let the state_machine process that event?

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.