Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Graph] Adjacency list scalability with a Dijks tra algorithm
From: Juan Antonio Farré Basurte (jafb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 14:27:29

Hi,
It's as easy as instantiating the adjacency_list template with mapS for the vertex list selector.
This is the second template
argument.
For example,
typedef boost::adjacency_list<boost::vecS,boost::mapS> myGraph;
Anyway, remember that a map is more
expensive than a vector in terms of both space and time (access time to an element is logarithmic).
Another option is that you stay with the
default vector for the vertex list, and you use a property to store the vertex id.
This way, your vertex 4242 would have descriptor 6 and you'd
store 4242 as its id-property value.
Cheers,

Juan

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Would you please tell me which
part of the documentation I should rely on to use a std::map as you'd suggested? I should actually admit I'm not yet
> familiar with the BGL
:-)