Subject: Re: [Boost-users] multithreaded timer?
From: boost_newbie (frares_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 10:58:21

As far as I could understand, the deadline_timer just runs once, i.e.,
if I would like to use it multiple times, I have to instantiate new
ones everytime.

It needs to be turned on inside a separate thread, the command queue
one, when it sends a serial command, and if the answer arives before
the timer is due, it has to be turned off, again inside that separate
queue thread, so it doesn't hit the "resend".

So far I did manage to put it to work, but after a few serial
commands, some successfull and some timed-out, the timer associated
"service" crashes.

I don't know if I should use a "mutex", neither where to put it. I
found the documentation a bit frustrating.

Thanks again