Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] need help with timer crash please
From: bnv (bnv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 07:09:29

Igor R <boost.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Thanks for the reply.  However, I've confirmed that the
> > boost::asio::deadline_timer object still exists.
>
> The timer object exists, but what about the objects which are accessed
> from the handler? Can you post some code snippet?

Yes, objects used by the handler also exist, but the crash occurs before the
handler is invoked. It's happening within asio just as it's processing the
expired timer. We appear to have ruled out threading issues as well.

The application is large, so it's difficult to post a snippet. I will try to
write a test program that simulates the same behavior to see if I can reproduce
the crash.

-Brian