Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Graph] Problems with adjacency_matrix
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 08:55:47

> I just tried to include adjacency_matrix.hpp and now I don't get errors
> about those functions anymore. It's strange to have to inclue this header in
> a template library that doesn't explicitly deal with any concrete
> implementations of graph concepts. In fact, I don't need to include
> adjacency_list.hpp for it to work with adjacency_list. I just need to
> include graph_concepts.hpp and graph_traits.hpp. Anyway, I'm still getting
> lots of errors in a code that perfectly compiles and works with adjacency
> lists. If anybody is interested, I can send the listing of compiler errors.

But the compiler needs to know about the existence of these functions. There
aren't any "most-general" versions defined anywhere. If you're not including
a graph implementation, there's no way the compiler can know about the
interface.

You might be able to get around this by including the adjacency_matrix.hpp
in your .cpp files before the headers that are using the generic interface.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]