Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] need help with timer crash please
From: bnv (bnv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 21:15:04

 <bnv <at> nc.rr.com> writes:

> I'm seeing two distinct crashes (gdb output below) on expiration of a
> deadline timer, and could use some help identifying possible reasons.
>
> The timer has not been deleted. The timer expired once before and was later
> rescheduled using expires_from_now() and async_wait(). The timer is only
> accessed by threads in io_service::run(), and is protected by a mutex.

After restructuring some code, the problem moved and manifested itself
differently. This continue to point to some type of corruption problem, but I
could find no cause. On a hunch, I increased the stack size (this is under
cygwin) and the problem appears to have gone away. Thought it worth mentioning
if others run into a similar issue.

-Brian