Subject: [Boost-users] Using boost across several different unix platforms
From: Frank Meerkötter (frank_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-28 11:31:12

Hello,

i am currently looking into the possibility of using boost with a code
base that needs to be compiled for a number of different unix platforms
(AIX/HPUX/Solaris/Linux). Unfortunately i can't just use the gcc
everywhere but i have to use the native compilers (XL/aCC/SunCC)
instead.

>From looking around the net i assume its not entirely impossible.
There seems to be some (more or less official) effort from IBM and HP
to have their compilers work with boost. My impression is that recent
versions of XL and aCC are working quite OK with boost. I this
impression correct?

I am not so sure about the sunCC. I found a success story on the web
but my general impression was that its not working so well? How are
your experiences in that regard?

In general, is someone using boost across a larger set (this set?) of
compilers? What do you think? Doable with reasonable effort or hands
off?

Thanks for you insight.

Frank