Subject: Re: [Boost-users] regex iterator question
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 13:05:15

> But.. how about a memory mapped file? Boost.Interprocess has support
> for that:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_38_0/doc/html/interprocess/sharedmemorybetweenprocesses.html#interprocess.sharedmemorybetweenprocesses.mapped_file
> although I admit it's not quite a one liner...

Actually, the spirit library has a file_iterator which I think would be a
one liner. This implementation uses memorymapped file if it's available
and it would seem ideal. But it's only useful for an actual file and my
case is a stream off the net. I'm very surprised that it seems I'm only
wanting to do this. Makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I'll
flail around a little bit more before I give up and try something else.

Robert Ramey