Subject: [Boost-users] boost.statechart - a data driven state machine
From: dev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-03-30 12:44:12

Hello all,

I'm using the statechart library to create a generic state machine that I can
reuse in a number of projects.

I'd like this state machine to be completely data driven because it will
massively simplify testing and experimenting with different behaviours (i.e.
I won't have to re-compile and produce new executables to try out a simple
change).

Instead of hard-coding all the states, events, transitions, etc., I would like
to read all those in from a config file (text, csv, xml, whatever).

I'm pretty sure I can't be the first person to want this.
Is there an implementation of this out there somewhere?
Are there any docs/links/etc. that will point me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance,
k.