Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RE Building boost libraries for x86_64 platform
From: Juan Antonio Farré Basurte (jafb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 13:27:22

> Here is the command I used to build regex with icu support on linux machine.
> I specified where is the icu library I installed instead
of system library
> directory.
>
> ./bjam --prefix=/home/qhwang/mylibs/boost/ --with-regex

--build-dir=/tmp/boost_build/ --build-type=complete -sHAVE_ICU=1
> -sICU_PATH=/home/qhwang/mylibs/icu/ install
> The regex library
I built is dependent on icu library. If you don't specify
> HAVE_ICU=1 then you don't need ICU_PATH either. Then the regex will not be
> dependent on icu library. You can't create a u32regex by calling
> make_u32regex to match or search unicode string. Hope my explain
is helpful.

Now I'm correctly building 64-bit versions of the libraries, but they are still installed
in /usr/local/lib.
Is there a way to tell the installer to use /usr/local/lib64 instead?

Thanks,

Juan